Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Art Book


                                                       MYP Unit: Perceptions of self

Key Concepts: Identities and Relationships

Related Concept: Communities

Statement of inquiry: The process of artistic creation can lead to self discovery

Inquiry Question: What conventions or elements can be identified as specific to the genre?






In the beginning of the term to start of art we were give art books and were asked to either do a title page or a cover page and I decided to do a cover page. On my cover page I used white out and kind of just became very creative in making different designs around the front cover of the book. It did take me a fairly long time to make cause I sketched it out first and then used white out and I had to be extremely careful doing it cause if I had made a mistake I would not be able to undo the mistake. I really like my front cover and am proud of it.




                               


To start of this topic we did a Cindy Sherman research and we had to figure out who she was and what type of art she produces and I figured out that she takes photos of herself and in each of her images she is a different character. So what we had to do was take 4 images of her work and analyse them and try to figure out why she made this and what the character is feeling.

                                     
                                   


After researching about Cindy Sherman we started to research about This other artist named Chuck Close. I learned that Chuck Close takes images of his family member or very close friend then print it out and uses his grid technique and then starts to  develop the portrait by painting boxes on the portrait  with different colours . We had to do the same thing like the Cindy Sherman thing, we had to take four  pieces of his art pieces and analyse them,

                               
                                                       

















Continuing with our Cindy Sherman thing we then had to recreate our own photos inspired by Cindy Sherman. So I took several photos of myself and I slowly started to develop my character with each photo I took. My character was an abused wife and you can see that she is married cause I wore a ring on my ring finger to show that she was married. It did take me a long time to do this cause a lot of effort goes into creating these images but overall it was a good experience.






















After we analysed both Cindy Sherman and Chuck Close we moved on to a collaborative piece were our teacher made five groups and in each group we were given a person from the top 100 influential people in the world. My team was given Samantha power, when we were given this person we had no idea who she was so our teacher gave us a task to find out information about this person like what does she do and who does she work for and we had to try and show this on our piece. To create this piece we used the Chuck Close grid technique.

When we had finished our collaborative piece we had a lot of refinement that had to be done on our piece, so we took several photo's of the few boxes that needed refinement on our collaborative piece and gradually refined the boxes. After all the boxes were refined we took photos of them and we pasted the photos of before and after refinement into our books.

This Unit is now over and we started a brand new one which is viewpoints of nature. The first task we had was when we got this unit was to create a title page. So i created a double page title page to start of this new unit for this term.

Our next to double pages was view points of nature where we went outside for a lesson and took a bunch of photos of nature and tried to create four piece of sketches that all had different mediums. So in one of my photos i used oil pastel and in my other three i used acrylic paint, water colour paint and i lastly used normal pencil colours.






No comments:

Post a Comment